Available as a trusted travel expert
Need a travel expert to quote? Melinda Crow has been traveling and writing about it for more than thirty years. She encourages people to go more, experience more, and enjoy it more.
Her passions are scuba diving, cruising, and camping. She and husband Gary, own and operate a small lakeside cabin and RV resort in Texas, and can provide insight into both the consumer and the business side of the hospitality industry. They live in an RV full-time and own four boats of varying sizes.
Her work has appeared on national travel outlets, including Yahoo Travel, MSN Travel, Forbes, Cruise Critic, Travel Pulse, and Travel Age West. She is the author of four Falcon Guides, including Camping Colorado, Camping New Mexico, The Rockhounds Guide to Texas, and Rockhounding New Mexico.
She has been quoted on Forbes, Yahoo Finance, and Johnny Jet.
As an award-winning journalist, Melinda is an expert on and can be contacted for quotes, live interviews, and podcasts on the following subjects:
- Milan, Italy
- Venice, Italy
- Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas
- Waco, Texas
- Texas Travel
- Texas Lakes
- Texas Wine
- Cruising with: Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Viking Ocean, NCL, Silversea, Carnival
- Cruising to: Caribbean, Mediterranian
- Family Travel
- Travel over 55+
- Travel Writing: freelance, magazine, blogging, online media, guidebooks
- New Mexico
- Catalina Island, California
- Oxnard/Ventura, California
- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- Innkeeping/B&B operations
- Timeshare ownership
- Rockhounding (yes, rockhounding)
- Camera rentals
- Scuba Diving: women, over 55, injuries, cruise ship, shore diving
- General Travel Tips and Advice
Don’t see your topic listed? Reach out anyway; it’s always possible that we may have insight that can help or know someone who does. Email is the preferred method of contact: 2gmcrow (at) gmail.com. If you need me in a hurry, my number is 254-580-3044.